Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Decision is Made

I finally made a decision on what to devote my time to during the June writers challenge.

First up it will be drafting some short stories that have been waiting to be written. These will lend themselves to being edited etc with much less drama than a novel once real life returns in July. After that it will be working on the start of a novel. Rather than some of the earlier ideas I was contemplating, I have decided to work on a fantasy that I had done prep work for in the past but never got very far with the actual writing of it. The story has been percolating long enough that I can turn to the writing it without having to stop and think about things like backstory. That sort of material has already either been written or is pretty straight in my head.

Another thing to be done in June is get hold of the next volume of the continuing Hal Spacejock saga by Australian author, Simon Haynes (http://www.spacejock.com.au). No Free Lunch is being launched on May 27 and should be in the bookshops by early June. Note to self - remember to check with Dymocks when it is arriving there and get them to put a copy aside for me. After reading, I want to write some reviews to flog around the place. I am sure that I will enjoy it as much as I have the previous three books. And I want to badger Simon into giving me an interview over the Internet as I am sure that I will be able to do something with that.

No comments: